Professor Ng, Ernest Hung Yu 吳鴻裕
My research interests are assisted reproduction technology, assessment of ovarian reserve, endometrial receptivity, the use of three-dimensional ultrasound, acupuncture in reproduction medicine and stem cells.
- Conducting many clinical randomized studies which contribute significantly in the area of reproductive medicine.
- Conducting clinical studies on assessment of ovarian reserve which has significant impact on the ovarian stimulation regimen and the dose of gonadotrophin used
- Conducting many pioneer studies on the assessment of endometrial vascularity by three-dimensional ultrasound in IVF cycles. This series of studies characterize the role of endometrial vascularity in pregnancy and miscarriage.
- Conducting clinical randomized studies on the use of acupuncture in assisted reproduction. This is the first double blind randomized trial on the use of acupuncture in IVF cycles. The published study in Human Reproduction was selected for press release and was cited for many times since publication.
- Collaborating research with centres in mainland China including Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin and Nanfang Medical University, Guangzhou.
- Establishing and maintaining a research network using individual patient data analysis with other centres in Netherland, UK, Australia and Finland
- Member of the Advisory Board of National Clinical Trial Base of Chinese Medicine in First Affiliated Hospital, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine
|Awardees||Award Date||Honours / Awards / Prizes||Category|
|2010-06-01||Young Investigator’s Award – 3rd Congress of Asia Pacific Council on Contraception: Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Hong Kong||Research Achievement|
|2011-05-27||The Young Investigator Award--Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of thalassemia using whole genome amplification and polymerase chain reaction: The 8th Conference of the Pacific Rim Society for Fertility and Sterility, organized by the Pacific Rim Society for Fertility and Sterility and The Hong Kong Society for Reproductive Medicine, May 27-29, 2011, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.||Research Achievement|
|2011-05-01||Best Poster Award - Ovarian stimulation modulates steroid receptors expression and spheroids attachment in peri-implantation endometria: studies on natural and stimulated cycles: Pacific Rim Society for Fertility and Sterility||Research Achievement|
|2009-02-01||Best Young Investigator Award - A randomised comparison trial to compare two interval of administration of misoprostol in second trimester medical abortion: Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Human Reproduction||Research Achievement|
|2014-05-01||Poster Award (Title of poster presentation: In-vitro study on the effect of ulipristal acetate on human embryo implantation using a trophoblastic spheroid and endometrial cell co-culture model): 13th Congress of the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health||Research Achievement|
|2013-10-01||Ten best paper award: An in-vitro study of the effect of mifepristone and ulipristal acetate on human sperm functions.: Asian and Oceanic Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 20-23 October 2013, Bangkok, Thailand,||Research Achievement|
|2013-06-28||中醫生殖軸理論在多囊卵巢綜合征和輔助生殖中的轉化應用與發展”in collaboration with the Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine being conferred a First Class Award under the category of the Scientific and Technological Progress Award 2011.: 第四屆中國針灸學會科學技術獎一等獎--“女性生殖障礙的針刺療效機制”||Research Achievement|
|2010-08-01||"多囊卵巢綜合症「天癸失序」的病理機制” in collaboration with Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine being conferred a Second Class Award under the category of Natural Science Research Outstanding Achievement Award 2010.||Research Achievement|
|2014-08-01||2014年度国家科技进步奖二等多囊卵巢综合征病证结合研究的示范和应用in collaboration with the Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine||Research Achievement|
|2015-05-01||International Cooperation Award in Chinese Reproductive Medicine, Specialty Committee of Reproductive Medicine, World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies||Research Achievement|
|2015-12-01||Best Poster Presentation Award (Clinical): HKU O&G 90th Anniversary Celebration||Research Achievement|
|2014-05-01||Poster Award: 13th Congress of the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health||Research Achievement|
|2015-12-01||Best Oral Presentation Award (Clinical): HKU O&G 90th Anniversary Celebration||Research Achievement|
|Term Period||Position||Professional Societies|
|2008||Board Member||International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology|
|2005||Member||Research Subcommittee of HKCOG|
|07/1997||Member||American Society of Reproductive Medicine|
|2004||Member||Structural Oral Examination subcommittee, HKCOG|
|2002||Chairman||Working group on Reproductive Technology, HKCOG|
|2007||Secretary||Education Committee of HKCOG|
|2010||Member||Advisory Board of National Clinical Trial Base of Chinese Medicine in First Affiliated Hospital, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine|
|06/1995||Member||European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology|
|2002-2004||Secretary||Hong Kong Society for Reproductive Medicine|
|2003||Member||Reproductive Medicine Subspeciality Board, HKCOG|
|2007||Member||WHO Research Group of Post-ovulatory methods of fertility regulation|
|2006||Treasurer||Hong Kong Society of Ultrasound in Medicine|
|01/2012||Chairman||Subspecialty Board on Reproductive Medicine of HKCOG|
|2008||Member||Health Services Subcommittee of Family Planning Association|
|12/2011||Council member||Family Planning Association|
|2005||Member||Council of HKCOG|
Are You Missing Publications, Invited Lectures? Click Me.