Dr 白歌 Baig, Mirza Muhammad Faran Ashraf Ph.D.
Mirza Muhammad Faran Ashraf Baig designs functional 2D/3D DNA nanomaterials to apply in Dentistry, Pharmacology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Drug Delivery, Bio-sensing, and Bio-imaging. He currently works as a postdoctoral fellow at the Faculty of Dentistry, in a lab of biomedical engineering for designing DNA based novel pharmaceutical nano-materials for restorative dental sciences, anticancer drug delivery, nanomedicine, and regenerative medicine, at The University of Hong Kong. He published in the top journals e.g Nano Letters (ACS, USA). His work is cataloged/indexed in Harvard University Press and Rangers College Library, USA.
- Chinese Chemical Society (Membership # 180410758) from April 22, 2018 to April 22, 2022.
- Registered Pharmacist (R.Ph.), Pakistan Pharmacy Council, Punjab, Pakistan from August 2012 to date.
(i) Ph.D. scholar at Nanjing University, Nanjing, China. (2016 - 2020) (Top 124th University, Top 60th Chemistry and Pharmacy majors, QS University ranking 2021).
(ii) Medical Information Officer (M.I.O) at Novartis Pharmaceuticals (2012 - 2015), (Top 5th Pharmaceutical Company).
(iii) Lecturer at Multan Medical and Dental College Pakistan to teach Pharmacology, Physiology and Biochemistry to MBBS and BDS students.
Present Address: Faculty of Dentistry, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Publications: 48 (17+31), Citations: 300, H-index: 10, Total impact factor: 162 (55.5+106.5)
Peer review activity as a reviewer
Participated in a peer review process of the following journals as a reviewer
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society (IF: 14.6) 2 Analytical Chemistry (IF: 6.7)
3. . Biosenosrs and Bioelectronics (IF: 10.2) 4. Environmental Chemistry Letters (IF: 5.9)
5. Journal of Biomaterials Applications (IF: 2.2) 6. J. of Drug Del. Sci. & Technology (IF: 2.7)
7. Applied Nanoscience (IF: 2.8) 8. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis (IF: 3.2)
9. Internationional Journal of Nanomedicine (IF: 5.1) 10. Journal of Molecular Liquids (IF 5.0)
11. Asian J. of Pharmaceutical Sci. (IF: 3.9) 12. Artificial Cells, Nanomed. & Biotech. (IF: 3.3) 13. Scientific Reports (IF: 3.9)
14. Biocell (IF: 2.8) 15. Nanomedicine (IF: 4.3).
Technical skills, Expertise, and Research area
- Mechano-Pharmacology & Biomedical-Imaging：Designing DNA based imaging probes for cellular targeting to track mechanical cellular processes.
- Biophysical-Chemistry & Cellular-Mechanotransduction: Determining signal transduction pathways, necessary for the mechanical and biophysical cellular signaling for the proper growth, development and maturation of organs.
- DNA Nanobiotechnology & Drug Delivery: Synthesis of nanostructures from DNA, polymers, and peptides for designing drug nanocarriers and nanodevices. Circularization of single-stranded DNA strands to synthesize scaffold for programmed self-assembly to construct rigid and stiff DNA nano-lattices to study mechano-biology and estimating pico-newton forces.
Conferences, Trainings, Achievements, and Awards
- Invited Speaker in the 1st Tianyuan International Workshop on Pharmacy held on June 19th, 2020 in Department of Pharmacy, Nanjing Medical University, China.
- Featured speaker at the 4th World Congress on Pharmacology and Drug Discovery (Pharmacology Congress 2020) going to be held on September 21-23 in Barcelona, Spain. https://pharmacologycongress.org/speakers.
- Keynote speaker at World Congress on Cardiology and Heart Diseases (World Cardiology, 2020), March 30-31, 2020, Osaka, Japan.
- Keynote speaker at the 2nd Edition of World Nanotechnology Conference (World Nano 2020), going to be held on 27-29 April 2020, in Crowne Plaza Hotel, Baltimore Downtown (Inner Harbor), 105W Fayette street, Baltimore, MD 21201 USA.
- A moderator of a scientific session and an invited keynote speaker on International Conference on Heart & Clinical Cardiology Research (Heart Congress 2019) held on 13-16 November 2019 in IP city Hotel, Osaka, Japan.
- Speaker and poster presentation in the 6th International Pharmacy Academic Forum held at China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China on May 18, 2019.
- An invited speaker at the 17th Sino-Foreign event at China Pharmaceutical University, held on 19th April 2019. http://www.cpu.edu.cn/c4/38/c4240a115768/page.htm.
- “Outstanding International Ph.D. graduate award” of Nanjing University, China in 2019.
- Participant in the 13th International Conference on Bio-analytical Chemistry by China Chemical Society held on July 2018 in International Conference Center, Xi’an, China.
- A guest of honor at the 16th Sino-Foreign Cultural Exchange Week of China Pharmaceutical University held on May 7-11, 2018.
- Invitation as a keynote speaker in various, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Medical, Material and polymer science conferences held in the USA, UK, Canada, China, Australia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Dubai, Taiwan and, Thailand.
- Invitations for the manuscript submission and to be the editorial board member as well as the guest editor of various SCI journals.
- Participant in the 5th International Conference on DNA Nanotechnology held in July, 2016 at Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China.
- China Government Scholarship to study Chinese language at Nanjing University, China; from September 2015 to August 2016.
- China Government Scholarship to study Ph.D. in Nanjing University, China; from September 2016 to August 2020.
- Top achiever award nationally with YTD of 120 % in 2013 and the National Master award for CVM group of Novartis in 2015 at PC Hotel Lahore.
- Position Holder in Basic Training Course (BTC) held by the Novartis Academy of Excellence, Pakistan.
- Novartis Selling Excellence (NSE) Training.
- Detailing Champion in Novartis Customer Solution Model (NCSM) Training.
- Novartis Code of Conduct and Anti-bribery Training.
- National Quiz Champion during the 3rd Quarter 2014 Cycle Meeting held in Lahore.
- Three consecutive times, qualified the PPSC (Punjab Public Service Commission) written exams for the post of BPS-17 (Pharmacist) during 2013-2015.
Are You Missing Publications, Invited Lectures? Click Me.